Thursday 27 May 2010

Open University and Disabled Students - Research needed

I have spent 6 years trying to get my degree. At every turn my illness has thwarted my attempts. I am, if not modest, a very high achieving student and my academic capabilities have never been the problem.

I was studying at Cardiff University but after a bad relapse I had to leave and resumed my studies with the Open University. I assumed it would be an institution, because of the kind of study it offers, that was sensitive to the needs of students with disabilities but I have been appalled by what I have found and have now reached an upsetting juncture at which I may have to take legal action against them.

they never sent me the exam for my latin course and failed me for the whole course - they will neither send me an exam now or admit there could be a small chance they were in the wrong. in the most basic sense they are breaking the contract of me buying goods from them and them not delivering the goods as they technically never gave me a way to finish the course. they now wont take my calls. i just want to take the exam and finish the module. it's upsetting me so much and driving me mad. Has anyone else heard of similar experiences and what do you recommend I try next?